10/20/2014

Mountian Dew Anonymous?

My name is Leona and I'm addicted to Mountain Dew... So in the past few days I can proudly say that I have only had 3-12 oz cans of Dew and have had approximately 24 oz of water each day. I know that that is not enough fluid, however so far today I have drank 24 oz of water and working on my next 24. My goal is to reach 1/2 my body weight in oz of water at least each day with none or no more than 1-12 can of soda. To get an idea of where I am starting from, for about the past 15 years with an 18 month gap I have been drinking nothing but Mountain Dew. It had gotten to the point that I would go without drinking anything if I couldn't have Dew. Not even other sodas would do. At my worst I would go through a 12 pk in about 2 days or less. I am tired of wasting my money and my body on soda. I am tired of my kids asking daily for a can. I am tired of telling them to do as I say not as I do. I want to get to the point where I can honestly tell myself and others that I no longer drink Mountain Dew and is not in my home.  The money I could be saving is unreal: just from cans of soda in one year is about $2,496(from the cheapest store- actual number is much higher) ; from just 20 oz bottles is about $325 (from the cheapest store- actual number is much higher). So the minimum I could save in one year is $2,821. So in 15 years I could have put away is $42,315. WOW! That is a lot of money I have wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment